Thursday 7 September 2017

Nursing doe

Walking towards Raj a smile betrayed my happiness. Triggered by 8:45am event earlier in the morning my face beamed with smiles, anticipating what will be learned about the nursing doe, her litter, the probability of survival, weaning, fattening and all the other events that will likely take place in the coming weeks.
 
Me: Hi Raj, hi everyone

Raj: That doe has lightened up your day Alfred, you were smiling all the way down here

Me: I can't help it Raj, can't help but let the emotions flow

Raj: If you're so happy then you should buy me a drink

Me: I sure will, lets do that at lunch time.
 
Lunch time came and I got Raj his favorite drink ... Red Bull
 
My ears were itching seriously already. The next moment Raj handed me a note. He had been preparing this through the day. The note was packed with lots of information about nursing does, caring for the litter, weaning, fattening and the possibility of selecting newer breeding stock from this does litter.
 
He told me it's a good sign the doe kindled up to 8 kits all alive as her first litter. It shows the doe is an excellent breed and will perform better if I continue to take care of the does and the buck properly.
 
And that the note he gave me was carved out from his unfinished book which is about producing 3000 rabbits in a year from just a buck and a  doe rabbit.
 
I will post the snippets from that note in the coming days.
 
Stay in touch for regular updates here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply