Tuesday 22 August 2017

Is the rabbit pregnant?

During my routine cleaning/sanitation on Saturday I saw my rabbit lying lazily on the floor... I then made a comment on how fat and sluggish she had become. I assume something is wrong with her...
 
"What is it?" "You eat and sleep a lot"
"But am pregnant, can't you see?" the rabbit fired back... I took a very long look again observing her stomach more closely. The last word that tried coming out of my mouth is 'yippee!'before my left hand crashed into  one of the bed post. I woke up and sat on the bed reflecting for a couple of seconds before reaching for my diary. I flipped a few pages, 04/08/17 it was, the day the rabbits next door mated.
 
It's been 2 weeks already and the right time to palpate the rabbits. Certainly not today though, I have got a lot of clients to attend to today. Palpation will have to be tomorrow.
 
Palpation is the process of feeling the rabbits abdomen to check for sure if she is pregnant. There are plenty other ways of knowing if a female rabbit is pregnant. However, palpation remains the surest way to know... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply